2000
Dan and I have been married for 6 years. I am teaching and he is working like a maniac with his construction business. Those crazy years of passing in the night, him working days, nights and weekends. Me teaching, lesson planning and going to school. I was attempting to get my masters' degree at the time. We were traveling back and forth to WI regularly as my parents and Sarah were all living there. Sarah had Reed and we even got to be there for his first days!
2001
Finished my Masters' Degree. The dream of being parents was a reality as I was pregnant. Dan still wasn't sure about being a parent (who knew at that time he would be the stay at home amazing dad - he sure didn't). Dan's business was in full swing. My best friend from high school, James, was living with us and working for Dan. At this time Dan and I have still not lived alone in our house as a married couple. We have had someone living with or "crashing" with us - boy that seems so long ago. While I would still welcome anyone in need, I can't imagine the craziness of our life at that time. I was doing laundry for many people. Dan's cooking was drawing many dinner guests as well. Seemed liked we had a dinner guest each night, sometimes two or three. In December, we took our last trip before becoming parents. We went to California with my parents for the Christmas holiday. What a fun and relaxing time.
2002
Kean arrives 6 weeks early and changes our life for the better!!!! Parenthood makes everything change - especially when it arrives a little early. Dan created an amazing nursery in two nights of no sleep. James had just moved out the morning Kean was born and the nursery had been his room. I was amazed with how Dan transformed the room - of course he slept through all my phone calls letting him know Kean had been admitted to the NICU. Over the weeks of NICU Dan and I learned more medical terms then we wanted. Thankfully, Kean overcame his challenges quickly and came home healthy and wonderful. After some wonderful time at home with Kean, I went back to work for one day, just to have a car accident on the way home from work and miss the remaining of the school year. YIKES!!! 2002 was quite the year. Dan brought Kean with him to work everyday. That little man was quiet and self sufficient - he could entertain himself for hours at a job site. My mom used to worry that Dan would forget him at the job site. (That never happened!!)
2003
Dan's nephew Dallas came to live with us. We went from having an infant to a family of four - including a teenager. It was a terrific experience for us and Dallas. He was known as Big D to Kean, who still talks about him. (Big D is a father himself now, and I know from watching him with Kean he will be amazing). The year flies by with work, baby and teenager. Dan's business is keeping him busy and teaching Kean and Dallas a lot about construction.
2004
We have a toddler. Kean is enjoying all he learns with Dan at the construction sites. We pay for daycare so Dan can get work done, but he never leaves Kean at the Daycare! (Crazy man - he just can't live without the kids). I am teaching and loving every minute of the kids. Miss Kean and Dan during the day, but find fun ways to spend time with Kean on the weekends. Sarah and Jay get married. We travel to WI for a couple of weeks and spend tons of time prepping for the wedding and with family. Kean and Reed are both in the wedding and look so cute! Jay makes a great brother - lucky to have him as part of the family.
2005
Dan, Kean and I go to OH to see Sarah, Jay, Reed and new baby Drew. Although Sarah is tired from delivery she shows us a great time. We visit an outdoor market, the zoo and other Toledo highlights. Kean and Reed play and have fun bonding as cousins.
I am sure there were many other highlights of 2005 but I can't think of them currently.
2006
I travelled to WI with Kean for a two week October break. We celebrated Drew's first birthday and love the beautiful fall colors. Kean rakes and falls in leaves for hours.
2007
Dan begins to shut down his business and focus on new projects. I become Assistant to the Principal. We find out that I am pregnant!! Then even more fun, my sister is pregnant with her third as well and we are due only a month apart. How crazy that we are nine years apart and having a baby at the same time. Exciting prospects and new ideas and plans for the growth of our family. We spend time rearranging and reorganizing the structure of the house. Kean moves out of the nursery and into his new SPACE themed room. Dan and I move into his old office. Boy I wish we have just one more room. Space for an office and workout equipment would be awesome.
2008
Kean starts Kindergarten. Boy how the time flies. Crazy year!!! I am pregnant and we can't wait for the baby. Dan thrilled that we are having a girl - he kept asking the ultrasound tech are you sure??? Kean is looking forward to finally being a big brother. While pregnant I am trying to finish up final classes for my Principal degree. Hate sitting in elementary chairs while 8 months pregnant! The Gods are in our favor as both sets of our parents are out of town, when my dad's tooth breaks and they need to return to Tucson early and I go into labor early!! Lucky for us and especially Kean. He gets to have an extended sleepover with my parents and Neil and Eve plan to return to see their new granddaughter. The first for all sides of the family. The delivery of Taelyn went easier for Neil being out of town - he was so excited when I had Kean he ended up in the hospital the same night and actually stayed longer than me!! The start of our new family of four! Welcome to our new nephew Brett!
2009
Dan and Kean start an amazing scout troop. They get a failing pack reinvigorated. I am working as Assistant Principal and Dan is watching Taelyn - plus coordinating all of Kean's activities. Taelyn is very different from Kean as a baby, independent from the start. Can't hold her to feed her, she sleeps in her car seat. Boy this is like being first time parents all over again. No one is getting any sleep and yet life continues. Kean runs another great year of cross country, passing many belt tests in Karate and plays piano with stellar ability. The best part - our lives are centered around making the kids feel loved and having family fun time. We implement Friday Family Nights - either time with a movie or playing games. We all look forward to the time together the whole week. Kean has learned to love fun foods like nachos, cheese dip and bean dip. These are go to favorites for Friday nights. We have the most awesome summer! Time spent with my sister and her family. They were here for Taelyn's baptism and the kids first bdays. It was great fun to have everyone together. We then all went to Greer for my dad's 70th birthday and all played in the great outdoors.
2010 - Off to a great start - family and friends are healthy and happy!!



No comments:
Post a Comment